How To Save Gmail Attachments in Android

The Gmail app for Android is quite simply awesome, especially if you are on FroYo and above. However, it does have one major limitation. Possibly due to security concerns, Google doesn’t allow you to save Gmail attachments. You can preview attachments you receive in your mail; however, there is no way to save them. Unsurprisingly, however, there are quite a few third party apps that can help you squirt around this restriction.

The Android app that I use to save my Gmail attachments is Save my Attach. It’s a tiny app that requires zero-configuration, and works beautifully. After you have installed this app, just tap the preview button as usual. A dialogue box will pop up asking you to choose an app to preview the file with. Select Save my Attach from the list, and you will be able to download the attachment.

Save-Gmail-Attachment
Select “Save my Attach” from the Preview Options List

Save-Gmail-Attachment-Android
Save File to Desired Location

Another similar app is GSaver. The benefit of GSaver is that it allows you to easily browse your entire file system (even system folders, if you have a rooted system), and save the file at any desired location. Save my Attach lacks a browse option, and the user has to key in the download path. However, GSaver is ad-supported, with a premium ad-free version also being available.

Download All Files is the final option that I would recommend. It’s the most feature-packed app of the lot. Yes, it can download Gmail attachments, but it can also bypass the download restrictions present in the default Android browser. Download All Files can download APK, RAR, ZIP, EXE, MP3, DOC (Word), XLS (Excel) and other files that you weren’t previously allowed to download from the web browser. It also works with the default Android email app and Touchdown. Download All Files is an ad-supported app.

, , , ,

37 Responses to How To Save Gmail Attachments in Android

1. Charlotte Olympia heels March 9, 2014 at 8:19 am #

Awesome! Its actually amazing paragraph, I have got much clear idea about
    from this article.

2. flappy bird hacks March 11, 2014 at 7:23 pm #

It’s going to be end of mine day, but before finish I am reading
    this enormous piece of writing to increase my knowledge.

3. assassin's creed jacket with pointed hood March 25, 2014 at 8:42 pm #

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: This game had to handle a whole enchilada of fans
    full of anticipation and dread that the sequel of Call
    of Duty Modern Warfare may end up disappointing.
    A fully interactive, action-adventure with a great story and what seems like amazing grapics to keep you glued to your console.
    Es interesting that resembles the eagle eye of the Assassin’s
    Creed franchise.

4. Louis Vuitton Bags March 27, 2014 at 5:30 am #

It’s going to be end of mine day, except before ending I am reading this wonderful
    piece of writing to improve my know-how.

5. batman arkham origins cheats xbox 360 April 1, 2014 at 12:55 am #

Just remember to try it out before buying it so that
    you can see whether you actually like it or not.
    Real 360 download center review – So dont make the identical mistake I created with this crummy download internet site.
    Sandless team, I am confident my house will now be a
    lot more seriously considered by prospective buyers.

6. Martina April 4, 2014 at 12:51 am #

Hi there to all, the contents existing at this web site are truly remarkable
    for people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.

7. plantar wart April 10, 2014 at 4:06 am #

Plantar wart counseling is constructed of non-prescription pharmaceuticals, aesthetic laser treatments, cryotherapy as well as the procedures.

8. If you have several children, you need to choose toys according to their age and interest differentiation.
    Just over a quarter opt for blue“ denoting a calmer persona,
    with a focus on relationships and family. Although car loan companies are in general reputable, there is increasing number of car loan scams.

1. Saving Gmail Attachments in Android : Sathya Says - April 24, 2011

[...] to basic HTML view & then proceed to save it. Yeesh. What a pain.  Below tip works well. How To Save Gmail Attachments in Android | Pallab dot Net. Save my Attach [...] a tiny app that requires zero-configuration, and works beautifully. After you [...]