YouTube-Video-Downloader

YouTube’s recent redesign broke many of the popular YouTube video downloading utilities and web-apps. But, fear not, there is always a solution. My personal favourite is the ‘Download YouTube Videos as MP4‘ UserScript (or UserJs for Opera users).

This lightweight solution works on all major browsers; some like Firefox require a third party plugin, while others don’t. Scroll down to view installation instructions for Firefox, Opera and Chrome.

The ‘Download YouTube Videos as MP4′ script supports pretty much all high quality video formats offered by YouTube, i.e. formats other than 3GP and low quality FLV. Here is the full list:

Arrow MP4 360p (480×270, 480×360) – all videos are available in this format.
Arrow MP4 720p (1280×720) – HD format, available for a small number of videos
Arrow MP4 1080p (1920×1080) – HD format, available for a small number of videos
Arrow FLV 240p (320×240), FLV 360p (320×240, 400×226, 640×360) or FLV 480p (640×480, 854×480) – highest quality FLV video available

YouTube-Downloader-Opera-FIrefox-Chrome-Safari-Internet-Explorer

Once the script has been properly installed, you should see a ‘Download’ button on every YouTube video page. Just click on this button and select the video format you wish to download. Your video would be downloaded directly from YouTube’s servers.

The best thing about this script is that it is lightweight and perfectly integrated into the YouTube UI. Moreover, it is also regularly updated. So, stop paying or jumping through hoops to download YouTube Videos and allow ‘Download YouTube Videos as MP4′ UserScript/UserJs do it for you.

Arrow How to Install YouTube Video Downloader in Firefox

Arrow Download Greasemonkey add-on and restart your browser.
Arrow Browse to the UserScript’s page and hit the Install button.

Arrow How to Install YouTube Video Downloader in Opera

Arrow Open this page. This should display your default User JavaScript folder. If no directory is specified i.e. the field is blank, chose any folder on your computer as the userjs folder.
Arrow Save the UserScript (click on ‘Install’ to open it) into the previously selected folder and restart Opera.

Arrow How to Install YouTube Video Downloader in Chrome

Arrow Click on the ‘Install’ button.
Arrow When Chrome prompts you, allow the script to be installed (as an extension).

Safari and Internet Explorer users will need to install GreaseKit and IE7Pro respectively.

, , , , , ,

36 Responses to One Script to Rule Them All – Download YouTube Videos (HD/SD) in Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer

1. aday May 23, 2010 at 12:25 pm #

you can this one also,. http://uploading.com/files/9697367c/YouTube%2BVideo%2BDownloader%2B2.5.4/

2. basundhara kundu July 13, 2010 at 12:05 pm #

good

3. Cris July 28, 2010 at 2:15 pm #

I’ve downloaded it and it looked well until i tried to download videos from youtube, instead of downloading them it just opens them in a new tab

• Pallab De July 28, 2010 at 3:47 pm #

Which browser are you using? What is happening is that you have incorrect MIME settings, i.e. your browser is configured to play MP4 (or FLV) videos using some plugin like QuickTime Player plugin. You can copy paste the URL from the address bar to the download manager, or if you are using Opera, simply paste it to the Quick Download box.

4. mohannad August 10, 2010 at 12:13 am #

for chrome users. where is this install button exactly?!

• Dance Soldier October 25, 2010 at 2:44 pm #

On the Top klick the Green “Install” Button ;)

• HOOKED ON CIVIC June 24, 2011 at 5:29 am #

i’m using chrome but can’t locate the “install” button referred to in the instructions. can anyone assist?

5. used tires September 20, 2010 at 6:13 pm #

That’s a pretty cool script no doubt about that but right now I am using DownloadHelper, it’s pretty much awesome, can download 99% of flash videos on the internet :D

Till then,

Jean

6. Computer Tips Tricks September 24, 2010 at 4:16 pm #

Absolutely amazing script! That’s cool and it should help lots of people out there!

7. konya rent a car September 24, 2010 at 7:47 pm #

I use download helper for mozilla. I thınk its the best. You can download every flv, swf, mp4 or the others flash or videos. Its not problem.

8. e-mail lookup September 25, 2010 at 1:52 pm #

@used tires: What settings do you need for Downloadhelper when you want to download mp4 files on firefox? What about other browsers? I think I changed something that the script doesn’t work well…

9. mike October 9, 2010 at 3:57 pm #

do not want to run on latest opera, what should I do,

10. used tires October 11, 2010 at 7:42 am #

@e-mail lookup, there is no “settings” that you need… all you need is just to install the addon and you are good to go.

Till then,

Jean

11. MG November 1, 2010 at 4:20 am #

it works on Chrome…………………Thanks a lot.

• Andrew February 15, 2011 at 8:43 pm #

where the hell is the download link??? I do not see it anywhere. I am using chrome.

12. johnny November 3, 2010 at 4:29 am #

thanks!!

13. SS November 25, 2010 at 2:56 pm #

I have Opera and I simply don’t understand these instructions:

i Checked my user javascript folder. it was blank.
    I clicked on ‘install’ and a bunch of ‘computer language’(jibberish to me) appeared. I had no idea how to save that into the random folder i had just created (i created a random folder on my computer. is that right?) I tried to read the instructions to install userjs files but it kept going to an error screen.

Lil help? I won’t be able to understand technical computer language, so please dumb it down. Thanks a lot!

14. sell textbooks January 12, 2011 at 12:20 am #

I never realized there was an issue with this but I don’t download much off the web anyway.

15. nicholas February 17, 2011 at 1:19 am #

where abouts on the page is the download link

16. Gatsy July 1, 2011 at 6:55 am #

Great hammer of Thor, that is powerfully heulpfl!

17. Zelda December 22, 2013 at 9:47 pm #

The octagonal black dial is protected by a mineral crystal protects.
    This range also comes in a large variety of colors, so a lot
    of people would be able to find one that suits their
    own personal taste. This marvelous gadget offers a fantastic combination of high quality, efficiency and comfort; so that
    it is a perfect outdoor and indoor timepiece.

18. http://vimeo.com/70040472 December 22, 2013 at 9:53 pm #

For coffee lovers that only brew several cups in the time, a small batch setting
    is really a requirement. Try to look or consider some of the factors
    involving your lifestyle. That is just not including those extra treats like short breads and cookies you could often attempt by.

19. Stephan December 23, 2013 at 1:10 am #

Vacuum cleaners with bags need to be replaced frequently.

For electric ovens check the elements and wipe over. Takeaway containers may warp or melt, also
    releasing toxic chemicals into the food.

20. sms text message marketing cape canaveral fl January 6, 2014 at 6:39 am #

I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I’m not
    sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble.
    You are wonderful! Thanks!

21. we got married February 2, 2014 at 8:54 am #

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting
    my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get set
    up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% sure. Any tips or advice would be
    greatly appreciated. Thanks

22. free text messaging app for computer February 3, 2014 at 3:17 am #

Itss not my first ime to go too see thiis website, i am browsing this web page dailly and take nice facts from here all the time.

23. Vegetable Gardening February 26, 2014 at 6:08 pm #

Its such as you read my mind! You appear to understand a lot approximately this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something.
    I believe that you simply can do with a few p.c.
    to pressure the message house a bit, but other than that,
    that is wonderful blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.

24. carpets and rugs in bedford March 10, 2014 at 5:39 am #

Hola! I’ve been following your blog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead
    and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the great work!

25. elliptical bike March 15, 2014 at 4:12 am #

I savo?, result in I foun? exactly whatt I was looking for.
    You’veended my four day lon? hunt! God Bless you
    man. Have a nic? day. Bye

1. Top Ten Must Have User JavaScript (UserJS) for Opera - July 6, 2010

[...] videos (HD/SD) from YouTube ridiculously simple. You can find more information about this script here. It works in Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet [...]

2. iE help - August 27, 2010

[...] you could always download Google Chrome and use this: http://www.pallab.net/2010/04/26/one…rnet-explorer/ __________________ formerly jackassluver i love u jason, and i always will [...]

3. Opera 11 Extensions: Quick Preview - October 21, 2010

[...] I found useful:i) Fastest Tube – YouTube Downloader: This extension is very similar to the “Download YouTube Videos as MP4” script for Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari. It simply adds a download button to YouTube video [...]