On previous occasions, I brought to you Six Premium Antivirus Software for Free, but this time I shall do one better. Read on to learn how to obtain extended trial license keys for popular antivirus products including Kaspersky, Norton, Mcafee and Avira. If you aren’t sure about the antivirus product is best for you and want to know more about the level of protection offered by various antivirus software check out my earlier posts – Antivirus Shootout – Feb 09 and How Effective is Your Antivirus Software?
1. Mcaffee VirusScan Plus 2009 - Mcaffee has long lost its reputation as one of the top security product manufacturer. However, in the recent Av-comparatives.org test it salvaged some of the lost reputation and performed admirably well (finishing up just behind Avira and ahead of Norton, aVast, AVG and Kaspersky. You can download your copy of Mcaffee VirusScan Plus 2009 with extended trial license (90 days) from here.
2. PC Tools Internet Security - PC Tools is a relatively unknown player in the internet security field although their antimalware solution Spyware Doctor is very well known. I believe PC Tools Internet Security employs a modified version of Virus Buster engine. You can obtain a 1 year license from here. But, you need to find a working anonymous Australian or American proxy. You can obtain new working proxies from here. You can also give websites like Stealthy.us and Notrailsurf a try. Although they worked for me many users have reported that PCTools may be blocking these services. Once you have configured your proxy settings just fill up the form and submit.
3. Panda Internet Security 2009 - Microsoft is giving away 90 day trial versions of Panda Internet Security 2009. The 2009 edition makes use of Collective Intelligence which uses data collected from the community to provide superior protection against malware.
4. CA Antivirus and Internet Security - Microsoft seems to be in a really generous mood. Yet another promo sponsored by Microsoft! You can download 90 day trial versions of CA Antivirus 2009 and Internet Security Suite Plus 2009 from here.
5. Norton Antivirus and Internet Security - Norton is providing extended trial for a wide range of products.
90 days trial for Norton 360 v3 and Norton Antivirus 2009
90 days trial for Norton 360 v3, Norton Antivirus 2009 and Norton Internet Security 2009
If you are looking for a fast and effective antivirus give Norton Antivirus 2009 and Norton Internet Security 2009 a try. The new products from Norton are drastically better than the slow, heavy and bloated Norton products of the past. In the latest Av-comparatives.org on-demand comparatives Norton put up an impressive showing and had a high malware detection rate.
6. Kaspersky Antivirus 2009 - Kaspersky is generally a tough nut to crack. If you are using Windows 7 however, you are in luck. Kaspersky Antivirus Workstation for Windows 7 is currently in Technical Preview stage and Kaspersky is giving away 6 months of free beta license to everyone. Just download your copy from here and activate online.
Obtaining licenses for other builds is a lot more difficult. Raymond shared two ways (link 1 and link 2) to obtain a 6 month license of Kaspersky Antivirus 2009. There are a couple of other Kaspersky giveaways that you can take advantage of. Headover to Ramakanth and Mayur’s blog for more on them. They are a bit complicated but are still working.
7. Avira Antivir PE Antivirus and Security Suite - Many people believe Avira is the best antivirus available in the market. Avira has been consistently topping the antivirus shootouts performed by av-comparatives.org and av-test.org for the past few years. Whether is on-demand comparatives or retrospective detection test Avira is invariably the best in terms of detection rate. The free version uses the same database as the premium edition, thus making it the best free antivirus software by a large margin.
However, if you wish to use the premium edition dont fret. Obtaining license for the premium edition of Avira isn’t very tough.
You can use Defilter if you dont reside in UK. If that doesn’t work you can obtain an UK (Great Britain) based proxy from here. You can use an e-mail address only once. You can use a service like Mytrashmail to generate a disposable and temporary email id instantly, in case you run out of email addresses.
That is all I have for now. Most of these offers are available only for a short time. So get them as fast as you can. And if you find this post useful don’t forget to share it with the world.