DeskAngel – Windows Desktop Manager

It’s not easy describing a software like DeskAngel, because you simply don’t know how to start. DeskAngel is a tiny freeware that rolls into it more than a dozen nifty features that you may otherwise find spread across five or six different softwares.

My favourite feature in DeskAngel has always been the ability to scroll an inactive window with mousewheel. DeskAngel is also the easiest way to emulate the Icons only mode present in Windows 7 taskbar (superbar).

Other features of DeskAngel are :
Arrow Pin a window (always on top) with right click.
Arrow Change any Windows transparency on the fly.
Arrow Hide cursor while typing.
Arrow Capture any region of screen by simply drawing a rectangle.
Arrow Roll-up any window by double clicking on the title bar.
Arrow Turn off your monitor with the click of a button.
Arrow Change the default action for middle click button.
Arrow And more

Sometimes even little things can make a difference. The tiny little things that DeskAngel does may not seem like much, but they can make a big difference to your productivity. What makes DeskAngel even more amazing is that is a mere 91kB download that doesn’t even require installation.

Download DeskAngel (91.5kB)
Platforms Supported : Windows 2000, XP, Vista (32 bit versions only)
License : Freeware

, , , ,

6 Responses to DeskAngel – Windows Desktop Manager

1. Sriram December 7, 2008 at 9:45 am #

Hey man.. I need a software to automatically tag all my music and organise it into folders.. I have like A LOT of unorganised files with me now and I’m tired of sorting them.. any ideas?

2. Quiz_Master December 14, 2008 at 11:43 pm #

@Sriram – Try Muzic Brainz’s Picard. Its available for both Linux and Windows (atleast it runs on both). Excellent for Tagging all your music. Though don’t expect accurate results with Hindi music.

@pallab Dude! Thats one of the most awesome freewares EVER. But dunnu on my Vista it keeps crashing (works fine on XP).. any idea whats the reason? Thanx for writing obut this nifty freeware :)

3. Pallab December 15, 2008 at 9:41 pm #

TagScanner is the software that I use for my tagging needs.

4. Pallab December 15, 2008 at 9:41 pm #

Unfortunately I dont have any idea. I only have XP installed on my PC.

5. Tom January 4, 2009 at 2:17 pm #

happy new year to all.

6. SoulidStudio May 5, 2010 at 5:15 pm #

Another tool is Mosaico from Soulid Studio (www.soulidstudio.com). It’s a little bit different because you can arrange windows and take a “snapshot” to restore later. So you can have the same window in many “virtual desktops” (aka snapshots). It also do an automatica arrangement of windows that make them occupy all the monitor surface. And when you drag or resize windows it accomodates the other ones to mantain the monitor surface full covered.

More in Software (110 of 156 articles)